Anything not specifically related to Bass
john
Gold Member

Re: Man, Chch Rocks!!

Post by john » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:42 am

Thats crazy.. I can see why some people a fleeing. It is relentless

beagle
Site Admin
Bands / Groups: Bands: Rebel without Applause, The Hot Mess, Bamboozle, DTP Trio

Post by beagle » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:43 am

So close to Christmas too.. gutting.
Can't imagine what it must be like for you fellas.
Hope you manage to find a bit of peace for Sunday.
Musicman Sterling, Fender Jazz, GK 800RB, 400RB, Neo412, Neo112, 410T

foal30
Gold Member
MySpace Page: myspace is owned by Lucifer himself
Bands / Groups: Pony Jones

Post by foal30 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:42 am

how is the Wellington forumites after 10.35 last night?
certainly well felt here in Chch
Slave to the Rhythm Changes

pins
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Naked Gun (Covers),still just filling in on bass after 26 years.
Butt Scratch (Bus Crash) originals band.

Post by pins » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:09 pm

we had a good old shake up here in Napier too,i wondered if we had caught the tail end of a big shake somewhere further away.

john
Gold Member

Post by john » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:22 pm

It was probably the biggest i have felt. But it was not the most violent, if that makes sense. Pooped my pants all the same :D

Mr Bass Man
Silver Member
Bands / Groups: splt-second top Auckland covers band

Post by Mr Bass Man » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:16 pm

My wife & I lived in Chch for 8 yrs and were there for Sept 2010, Feb 2011 and June 2011.
After Feb 2011 the CBD basically shut down- including the 4-5 bars that had live bands Thurs / Fri / Sat, so there were more bands than there were venues available to play in....

We both lost our jobs as a result of the quakes and we managed to sell our house (just!) and have moved back up to the North Shore, Auckland.

I feel for people still stuck in Chch desperatly wanting to get out....

Thursday nights quake was just a reminder as to why we are called 'the shakey isles'!
"We became rich a lot later than I thought - now I'm too old to enjoy my money" - John 'Thunderfingers' Entwhistle

pins
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Naked Gun (Covers),still just filling in on bass after 26 years.

Post by pins » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:34 pm

sad story man with the job losses and everything else,hope things are looking up.And yeah those wanting out but not having the means to in Chch would be in a sad predicament too.Not what life is about.
Be prepared ,always.

foal30
Gold Member
MySpace Page: myspace is owned by Lucifer himself
Bands / Groups: Pony Jones

Post by foal30 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:42 am

no it's not, but a lot of the predicament regarding people's living situation (housing) is a deliberate political stance by the government.

It is interesting that the Market is free to profit from people sleeping in their cars/squatting/camping in the airport terminal yet the State will intervene to erect a Rugby stadium in a wonderful example of the welfare state (read: publicly funded for private profit).

We have a Muppet for a Mayor, a Council that has maybe only 3 individuals who actually have a spine, and a Tory government that will always look after it's own first.

and it's (National's) own are most certainly not the people least able to righten/correct their situation.

give me your tired , your poor , your downtrodden I'll make a fortune off them in the re-build....
Slave to the Rhythm Changes

pins
Gold Member

Post by pins » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:20 pm

Ha,dont get me started on politics.As far as Im concerned this country is run by people no better,if not worse than the Nazi's.May as well be a dictatorship.Our civil rights are gradually being eroded to point where we have no say in anything.The end.