Man, Chch Rocks!!

Anything not specifically related to Bass
Crazykiwi
Gold Member

Re: Man, Chch Rocks!!

Post by Crazykiwi » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:02 pm

cheers T-dub, people on my forum were asking after him.

Sad news about a family friend however. She was in the CTV building at the time of the quake and its been deprioritised due to no further signs of life being found. It's not looking good.
Stuff: Shuker Headless MIDI 6, Spector NS5CRFM, Self-built 5 string semi hollow headless, Status Series 1 5 string, Pedulla Pentabuzz, Alembic Series 1 graphite, '78 Musicman Stingray, Genz Benz Shuttles, Trace Hexavalve and fEARless F112 cabs

foal30
Gold Member
MySpace Page: myspace is owned by Lucifer himself
Bands / Groups: Pony Jones

Post by foal30 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:41 am

Hi,

yeah It's a bit *BANNED* here, have seen Tony/TDub
no word from ryanmaiden? (I've lost his phone number) or 1234hills?

anyway in some ways very lucky
on borrowed computer
will check in properly in 5-7 days
Slave to the Rhythm Changes

Dan

Post by Dan » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:47 pm

Good to hear you are ok mate!

john
Gold Member

Post by john » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:37 pm

Yeah really good to hear from all that have posted.
Hope we hear from Ryan and Jazz1234 soon.
Are there any other known CHCH folk on here?

Harley
Gold Member

Post by Harley » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:50 pm

john wrote:Yeah really good to hear from all that have posted.
Hope we hear from Ryan and Jazz1234 soon.
Are there any other known CHCH folk on here?
Alex Claber used to post here. I texted him and he replied to say he is OK and his house is fine as well.

He and/or his colleagues in his group owned the grand old style picture theatre at New Brighton. His band practiced there. Alex says it is now flattened.
Retired authorised builder of Bill Fitzmaurice Design Speaker cabs for New Zealand - http://www.billfitzmaurice.info

ryanmaiden
Silver Member
Bands / Groups: The Crush

Post by ryanmaiden » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:50 am

My family and I are are all safe and well. We've had quite a few people staying with us in the last few days, we were lucky enough not to lose power or water so we were a bit of a base station for family that were without services. The Western side of the city seems to have gotten off a lot lighter this time, unfortunately, the eastern side of town is a mess. I was just reading an article saying that the sand that has risen up due to liquefaction is about 5 times as much as last time.

We are just trucking on, and I've got a gig tonight, the show must go on!
The good that men do is often buried with their bones, but the evil that men do lives on and on.

foal30
Gold Member

Post by foal30 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:45 am

missing amplification and late evening playing.

he said somewhat selfishly considering others circumstances.

BluesBass
Gold Member

Post by BluesBass » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:18 pm

foal30 wrote:missing amplification and late evening playing.

he said somewhat selfishly considering others circumstances.
Mind you... be thankful for small mercies.
You were spared the indignity / have an excuse ready if you if don't want to admit to watching Arsenal lose again this morning...

Yes. That is flippant comment and I'm expecting to smack myself upside the head very shortly.

Our thoughts are with you guys and although it feels like there is sod all a lot of us can do up here, we are trying to do our bit by donating some cash and I've just heard that the Taupo Blues Picnic has been moved from the vineyard to the Riverside Park Ampitheatre and is now a funder-raiser for a Christchurch appeal.
So, if anyone is in or around Taupo on the 19th March... please try and get along and keep an eye on the web site for further details:http://www.41above.co.nz/taupo-blues-pi ... 80912.html

john
Gold Member

Post by john » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:44 pm

Speaking of donating money. If the red cross the best place to donate?

matt
Bronze Member

Post by matt » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:27 pm

ryanmaiden wrote:We are just trucking on, and I've got a gig tonight, the show must go on!
Yeah man - that's the spirit! Feeling for all you guys in Christchurch - we've got some good friends down there that we're talking to regularly, and it sounds really rough. Also donating through work and the kids schools to do a little bit towards relieving the pressure.
john wrote:Speaking of donating money. If the red cross the best place to donate
Think you can also donate through ASB, either via internet banking or at a branch.
...in search of the impeccable groove...

Harley
Gold Member

Post by Harley » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:02 pm

BluesBass wrote:So, if anyone is in or around Taupo on the 19th March... please try and get along and keep an eye on the web site for further details:http://www.41above.co.nz/taupo-blues-pi ... 80912.html
I'm in the South Island for holidays then...BUT...if the local sound company AVP are doing the gig, you'll be playing through my BFM PA subs and tops which means you'll have PLENTY of rich volume out front! [/blowing own trumpet]
Retired authorised builder of Bill Fitzmaurice Design Speaker cabs for New Zealand - http://www.billfitzmaurice.info

BluesBass
Gold Member

Post by BluesBass » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:22 pm

Harley wrote:
BluesBass wrote:So, if anyone is in or around Taupo on the 19th March... please try and get along and keep an eye on the web site for further details:http://www.41above.co.nz/taupo-blues-pi ... 80912.html
I'm in the South Island for holidays then...BUT...if the local sound company AVP are doing the gig, you'll be playing through my BFM PA subs and tops which means you'll have PLENTY of rich volume out front! [/blowing own trumpet]
NZ Sound Reinforcement are doing the gig as far as I am aware...
We've worked with them before and do a great job.

jazz1234
Bronze Member

Post by jazz1234 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:49 pm

Hi guys. Finally got a chance to check in here ... great to see there's plenty of good vibes towards us shakey characters.

When the quake hit I was on the 7th floor of the central police station (my office, not the cells!) which really rocked and shook hard. Dived under my desk then eventually made it down the stairs safely. I'm ok, family ok, house ok, gear ok ... so just grateful to be unscathed. The devastation around the central city is heartbreaking, let alone the loss of life. So sad. We'll take a long time to rebuild and recover, I think.

I'm now working 12 to 14 hour days, hope to get a few days off at the weekend. Too shattered to even look at my basses, let alone play. I'm sure the love will return :?

Kia kaha everyone
Steve

foal30
Gold Member

Post by foal30 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:48 am

[quote="BluesBass"][quote="foal30"]missing amplification and late evening playing.

he said somewhat selfishly considering others circumstances.[/quote]
Mind you... be thankful for small mercies.
You were spared the indignity / have an excuse ready if you if don't want to admit to watching Arsenal lose again this morning...

Yes. That is flippant comment and I'm expecting to smack myself upside the head very shortly.

Our thoughts are with you guys and although it feels like there is sod all a lot of us can do up here, we are trying to do our bit by donating some cash and I've just heard that the Taupo Blues Picnic has been moved from the vineyard to the Riverside Park Ampitheatre and is now a funder-raiser for a Christchurch appeal.
So, if anyone is in or around Taupo on the 19th March... please try and get along and keep an eye on the web site for further details:[url]http://www.41above.co.nz/taupo-blues-pi ... 80912.html[/url][/quote]

no i got up and watched the game. via a generator and smokey TV
I'd tipped Martins to come on and score the winner on the Phoenix site 3 weeks ago, and it's a long running 'joke' on their because I think Arsenal should of signed hm when Newcastle were relegated.
so it's nice to be shown right about football, yet again Sean.

no spell check on this computer, odd.

Steve is a cop. crikey that'll be some unforgiving work. I hope you get some time out to pause.

BluesBass
Gold Member

Post by BluesBass » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:17 am

foal30 wrote:so it's nice to be shown right about football, yet again Sean.
:lol:
I think you have had a bump on the head mate... Are you suggesting you know more about that particular subject than Wenger?
Martins is an average Pro at best. Just because he scores a tap in from 5 yards doesn't make him a player would fit in at Arsenal.