foal30
Gold Member
MySpace Page: myspace is owned by Lucifer himself
Bands / Groups: Pony Jones

Re: Show us your pedals

Post by foal30 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:54 am

hi Chris,

very tidy. I like the uniformity of look too
where do you plug your bass in, what is the signal order?
Slave to the Rhythm Changes

pins
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Naked Gun (Covers),still just filling in on bass after 26 years.
Butt Scratch (Bus Crash) originals band.

Post by pins » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:13 am

Hi foal30,ta for the compliment.The signal order is as viewed right to left,Bass goes into Tuner then Chorus,Octave,Overdrive,Flanger and exits to amp from the Limiter pedal.Seems to work fine and very little hiss/noise is heard.
In our covers band I really only use the Chorus in a few of songs here and there,the Octave occasionally and the Limiter is always on.The others are simply for fun when jamming,although its early days and will be trying to sneak the others in more often now to give the guitard and all his effects a run for his money :lol:

Berry

Post by Berry » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:12 am

TU2 - M80 - Rat Clone - ISP Decimator

Also use an EHX Freeze and a Rebote delay in my effects loop for one of my bands (infinite sustain/feedback/wall of noise)

Have used a tonne of distortions/drives (TS808 / SFT / HM2 / DS1 / DoD Grunge / Muffs just to name a few) but the Rat really works well and I'm pretty settled on it. It also has 3 switchable clipping sections (classic/turbo/modern). Filthy distorted bass with plently of low end still.
I sometimes use the OD channel on my head (Verellen Meatsmoke) but that channel is used more for recording and less live.
The M80 is EQ'd at 12 o'clock, and I only really use it for the little "colour" button on it - makes a huge difference in tone. EQ is done on my amp, generally big mid boost, bass flat and treble slightly cut

I don't use that Boss delay pictured, didn't work for me.

And it's all powered my a T Rex Fuel Tank JR on a Pedaltrain JR board.
Attachments
3.jpg

pins
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Naked Gun (Covers),still just filling in on bass after 26 years.

Post by pins » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:54 am

My new Zoom B3 finally arrived,gone from this

To this,

First gig with it last night and after reading an informative thread on TB I used the Zoom as a pre amp via my Shuttle effect receive jack.Great result too.WOW !
I really only used the SVT amp sim and the Zoom ZNR with a few tweaks,loved it,early days yet but very impressed already.
I just need a licence to drive it !

john
Gold Member

Post by john » Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:49 pm

From 6 boss pedals to none. So this zoom thingy does it all eh

pins
Gold Member

Post by pins » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:00 pm

It's either that or a bloody huge pedal board !
The Zoom is still in evaluation mode at this stage but the amount of copied effects in this thing is enormous !.
If I can get it to do what I want I'm hoping it will replace all the Boss units.
The Amp and Cab sims alone are pretty good,and all the effects are very tweakable.
I used the B3 line out to the desk last night with better results than the Shuttles out,pure SVT sim to FOH.
Using the Shuttle purely as a power amp,with the B3 being the pre amp also worked well.Happy so far.

john
Gold Member

Post by john » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:07 pm

Good to hear about the DI sounding good.
This thing is pretty intriguing. If you do like it after the honey moon period you could, in theory,do away with the shuttle and just get a power amp. Or get a powered PA speaker

pins
Gold Member

Post by pins » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:56 pm

Another win for the B3 tonight,we had our originals band rehearsal and as always I use my wretched Laney 300 watt combo !
But this time I put the B3 into effect receive and used it again as a pre amp,couldn't believe it, at last that awful dreadful combo emitted something I actually liked,straight away !
Normally the Laney distorts and farts out pretty early on with a live drum kit,but sending the SVT sim again as the pre and some minor tweaking to the Zooms global output level its almost a giggable rig,surprised at the result actually.Work in progress.
Pretty happy at this stage using the B3 even if not as I originally intended.
Quite interested to see what some time with this will bring now,as using an outboard pre amp now has me fascinated as the results have been great.

foal30
Gold Member
MySpace Page: myspace is owned by Lucifer himself
Bands / Groups: Pony Jones

Post by foal30 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:11 pm

NPD for me
Diamond Compressor from Tony

not one for hyperbole but pantshittingly good could do it justice
loves the P Bass
Slave to the Rhythm Changes

Widownz

Post by Widownz » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:56 pm

Hey Guy's
Here is my pedal board at the moment, Had a Boss ME 20-B before this and didn't really like it but loving the sound/s I get from this.

manofthematch
Bronze Member
Bands / Groups: Tahuna Breaks

Post by manofthematch » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:50 am

Have just been spending a few hours (& coin) on finalising my pedalboard setup. Korg pitchblack plus => MXR micro amp => Line 6 Bass Pod XT (not pictured here) & FBV shortboard => EWS bass mid control => Digitech Jamman Stereo => Tech 21 Sansamp VT Bass Di.

The actual pedalboard is called L8onboard and there's a kiwi guy who does them. (The one shown here is an XL size.)

It's all powered by an Ares APS-10 which was a cheeky $95 and does - more or less - the same thing as those Voodoo Labs, Pedaltrain and Fuel Tank Jr power-bricks, without having to shell out hundreds. (I got it from http://www.guitareffects.co.nz)
The APS-10 also has a handy for factor, probably about half the size of a Voodoo Lab.

Then it all fits into a Rockcase flight case which I picked up for $150. I think new those can go for in excess of $300. That case should keep everything protected for when Tahuna Breaks do out of town gigs (which we mostly do these days).
L8onboard 1 - logo - Copy.JPG
L8onboard 2 - isometric - Copy.JPG
L8onboard 3 - birdseye - Copy.JPG
L8onboard 4 - flightcase - Copy.JPG

pins
Gold Member

Post by pins » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:15 pm

Nice set up ...there might be room for one more micro maybe ? :D

edit...I just scored a Darkglass B3K will post it up soon.

manofthematch
Bronze Member

Post by manofthematch » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:41 pm

Right on it there Pins, though what micro to choose?
MXR compression pedal would be nice but fairly hefty price tag.
Fender Jazz US Highway 1, Fender Jazz fretless MIM, EB Musicman Stingray, EB Musicman Stingray 5, Line6 effects, Ampeg SVT amplification

pins
Gold Member

Post by pins » Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:50 pm

The MXR comp could be a good addition for you though,I would be lost without my pwnzor comp now.
I have room for maybe one more as well, but for the first time in a long time I don't feel I need anything else.... :shock:
The B3K has been a worthy addition for me, tried a lot of distortion pedals over the years but this thing has me hooked purely because it is so damn adjustable.
None of the Zoom B3 distortion offerings which are pretty cool sound as good as the B3K.

The SVT sim still has been the biggest blessing in the B3,use it all the time

manofthematch
Bronze Member

Post by manofthematch » Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:30 am

The MXR comp would be a good addition for you
Sorted. The parentals are hopping over to the US so I've ordered one and will have it in a couple of weeks.
Surely now I am GAS free.
Fender Jazz US Highway 1, Fender Jazz fretless MIM, EB Musicman Stingray, EB Musicman Stingray 5, Line6 effects, Ampeg SVT amplification