Loopers

Effects pedals or devices to alter the sound of your bass
CliffH

Loopers

Post by CliffH » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:05 pm

Hi guys and gals,
Loopers. Anyone using them? If so, what are you using? Are you GAS'ing for something else or do you love what you have? Just wondering as I'm wanting to experiment a bit more as what little recording I'm starting to do could easily be accomplished live by just me with a loop pedal/station.
To each his reach
And if I don't cop, it ain't mine to have
But I'll be reachin' for ya

Vince
Bronze Member

Re: Loopers

Post by Vince » Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:14 pm

I have one, I think it's an RC-20 XL. It's not bad but one thing I *don't* like is that it only removes the latest layer.

So you do one layer
you add a second layer
you add a third

and if you want to remove layer #2, you have to remove #3 first.

Not really into loopers. It just feels so... lonely. :( (brrr!)

pins
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Naked Gun (Covers),still just filling in on bass after 26 years.
Butt Scratch (Bus Crash) originals band.

Post by pins » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:28 am

on friday i bought my first looper pedal,a Boss RC-2 and then spent most if not all of my weekend playing around with it.
after watching lots of vids on youtube with people using such things i knew it was a must have tool.
probably something i will never use at a gig but for jamming alone at home its the best tool ever i have scored to date,i can see it will get a lot more use,and after the fun i had in the weekend to me its paid for itself already !!!

Vince
Bronze Member

Post by Vince » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:03 pm

They're definitely fun.

I think the biggest challenge (at least for me) is stepping away from the "add one tiny overdub after another until you have a dozen things happening at once" thing because that's what most people do.

A friend of mine does that multi-layered thing, but she uses the looper for percussion. It's quite cool watching her putting the rhythm together before starting a song.

beagle
Site Admin
Bands / Groups: Bands: Rebel without Applause, The Hot Mess, Bamboozle, DTP Trio

Post by beagle » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:36 pm

Hi Cliff
I've got a very old Akai E1 which is great for quickly working on little rifts etc.
http://www.bassplayer.co.nz/viewtopic.p ... kai#p10924
The Boss looper pedal with a drum machine built in is pretty cool.
Musicman Sterling, Fender Jazz, GK 800RB, 400RB, Neo412, Neo112, 410T