Good Bass Amp Repairer in Aucks?

If you're an instrument repairer, or you know of one you recommend then please let everyone know about them.
Mr Bass Man
Silver Member
Bands / Groups: splt-second top Auckland covers band

Good Bass Amp Repairer in Aucks?

Post by Mr Bass Man » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:57 pm

Does anyone know a good bass amp repairer in Auckland? - preferably on or close to the North Shore

As mentioned on here before I have a Warwick Profet 5.1 head and the DI has been playing up - I've been getting excessive buzzing through the PA when I DI the amp and this has been getting steadly worse over the last month.

I've borrowed an old DI box from the drummer and that works, but the amps gain / volume pots are scratchy and the amp just doesn't seem to have the same 'grunt' or 'power' that it did, so I'd like to get it looked at and fixed.

The Rockshop sell the Warwick amps so I could take it there, but it may take 2-3 weeks to fix and my band is gigging every weekend until New Years, so I can't afford to be without an amp (I don't think the rockshop have 'loaner' amps?)

anyway if anyone does know a good place I can take it to get fixed it would be much appreciated!

thanks
"We became rich a lot later than I thought - now I'm too old to enjoy my money" - John 'Thunderfingers' Entwhistle

john
Gold Member

Re: Good Bass Amp Repairer in Aucks?

Post by john » Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:58 pm

Hey, check out the Instrument servicing and repairs section of this forum http://www.bassplayer.co.nz/viewforum.php?f=69

Dan

Post by Dan » Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:44 am

Keith Prictor is your man, he's Glenfield ish and his details are in that subforum linked above :)

Mr Bass Man
Silver Member
Bands / Groups: splt-second top Auckland covers band

Post by Mr Bass Man » Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:34 pm

Dan wrote:Keith Prictor is your man, he's Glenfield ish and his details are in that subforum linked above :)
thanks - I gave him a call... have to call him next Monday and he can have a look at it
"We became rich a lot later than I thought - now I'm too old to enjoy my money" - John 'Thunderfingers' Entwhistle