DIY Effects

For anything related to customising basses. Tuners, Bridges, Pickups
john
Gold Member

Re: diy effects

Post by john » Fri May 01, 2009 8:47 pm

Yeah . i used the milllenium bypass for a pedal or two. worked great .
Have you made some?

mjwhit
Bronze Member

Post by mjwhit » Fri May 01, 2009 8:56 pm

Just the one. It went into a flipster that I could never get biased properly... Think it has something to do with subbing FET's. The bypass worked though. One day i will get it going properly. If anyone knows were I can get some MPF102's (dont have a credit card, ie not off the net) would be appreciated.

Its ment to be an ampeg like tone. All I can get is either nothing, or a stupidly distorted wall of sound... Frustrating to say the least.

john
Gold Member

Post by john » Fri May 01, 2009 10:41 pm

Do you mean you made the flipster and it didn't work or you made the millennium bypass for it and that didn't work?

mjwhit
Bronze Member

Post by mjwhit » Sat May 02, 2009 12:12 am

Read it again. True, I couldve paragraphed better, but still. :D
mjwhit wrote: The bypass worked though.

john
Gold Member

Post by john » Sat May 02, 2009 12:34 am

mjwhit wrote:Read it again. True, I couldve paragraphed better, but still. :D
mjwhit wrote: The bypass worked though.
Lol. Yeah . When you said "The bypass worked though." led me to believe that that's all that worked . but reading back...
I have rocked up yo buzz audio in the past a few times and asked them if they had any of x or a substitute , and most of the time have helped me out.
Could be worth a shot

ash
Bronze Member

Post by ash » Fri May 08, 2009 6:55 pm

I've been building a few pedals this year, mostly guitar specific ones but I've tried some with my bass. The tubescreamer clone worked ok with bass, but the fuzzface and heartthrob trem sound arse. They need to be tweaked to get the low end transfer back.

I haven't tried the Dr Boogie yet as it needs some help and the Phase 45 doesn't go yet.

Still in the queue is a Rat clone which might be good and a few Marshall distortion clones, DOD compressor, Rebote Delay, another fuzz and other forgotten items. Anything that doesn't end up on the guitar pedal board is ripe for bassification.