Bass lessons in Auckland

If you're a music teacher, or you know a teacher you recommend then please let everyone know about them.
durandil

Bass lessons in Auckland

Post by durandil » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:18 pm

Hi !

I am offering bass lessons in Mt Eden (Charles Street) for $60 per hour. I have a degree from Music Academy International (France), and I used to teach bass in Paris before coming to Auckland a few weeks ago. Beginners are welcome, as well as experienced players. What I am offering is a mix between traditional tuition and coaching (I have an NLP and life coaching background). I also use a drum machine and keyboard/guitar during the lessons, so that the student plays in real live conditions. Please feel free to post here, PM, email or call me.

Stéphane
022 0160501

durandil

Re: Bass lessons in Auckland

Post by durandil » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:21 pm

BTW, I will probably organize a social event for bassists and musicians at my place (I live with other french musicians) in the next weeks. For prospective students, this would be a great opportunity to meet.

john
Gold Member

Post by john » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:50 pm

The drum machine and keys is a great idea for lessons.
Bass is not a solo(generally) instrument, so it gives some context. How you play and how it works with rhythm and melody. Nice.

durandil

Post by durandil » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:53 pm

john wrote:The drum machine and keys is a great idea for lessons.
Bass is not a solo(generally) instrument, so it gives some context. How you play and how it works with rhythm and melody. Nice.
Actually, I use the keyboard mainly for teaching harmony. Chords don't really make sense for the beginning bass player, since bass is mostly a monophonic instrument. Understanding harmony, or at least WHY the bass plays these notes, is one of the most important steps. Later, the piano also helps showing the "colour" of more complex chords (try to play a nice sounding 7 (#5) on a four string bass, you will know what I mean).

vandalinjandals
Bronze Member
MySpace Page: www.myspace.com/primalband
Bands / Groups: PrimalBand

Post by vandalinjandals » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:37 pm

If you have a party I'll be there :D