Move to Christchurch

Anything not specifically related to Bass
Harley
Gold Member

Move to Christchurch

Post by Harley » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:28 pm

I recently moved to Christchurch for a two year plus work contract. We've had several shake ups to remind us of exactly where we are since we got here.

We're enjoying the new surroundings and will be making some weekend excursions to explore the SI more thoroughly.

Shortly I plan to see what's happening in the music scene here and looking to hook up with some musos to make some music.
Retired authorised builder of Bill Fitzmaurice Design Speaker cabs for New Zealand - http://www.billfitzmaurice.info

foal30
Gold Member
MySpace Page: myspace is owned by Lucifer himself
Bands / Groups: Pony Jones

Re: Move to Christchurch

Post by foal30 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:01 pm

Welcome to the Garden City Harley
Where abouts are ya, Im out the beach at Sth Brighton
Slave to the Rhythm Changes

cjj
Bronze Member

Post by cjj » Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:48 pm

Welcome to Chch! Yeah, we've had a few shakes recently, goes with the territory I suppose.
What part of town did you land in? I'm out towards West Melton, so not exactly in Chch...

Harley
Gold Member

Post by Harley » Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:21 pm

Hi Foal and CJJ.

We're living in Avonhead and my day job's centred in Sockburn, yet I travel throughout NZ and Australia quite a bit of the time.

The War Office and I were out at Sth Brighton last weekend funnily enough. Nice spot too, we enjoyed our time looking around. I was trying to find an old picture theatre that one of the earlier BPNZ members and his friends had acquired at New Brighton. To no avail though and I guess it must have been destroyed in Feb 2011 because all I could find was car-park space. What a pity, it was a grand old theatre and had it survived, would ave offered some good potential for a gig venue.

Sad to find Summit Road closed too. Never mind, plenty of other stuff to see plus there's the grander scale of the SI itself.

West Melton? We were there too looking for a rental a couple of months ago. Locals were amused when we asked where East Melton ( and North and South ) was....guess there's just West Melton and that's it. Nice area I must say, but a bit too far out for The War Office.

Let's all catch up soon for an ale or two soon :D
Retired authorised builder of Bill Fitzmaurice Design Speaker cabs for New Zealand - http://www.billfitzmaurice.info

beagle
Site Admin
Bands / Groups: Bands: Rebel without Applause, The Hot Mess, Bamboozle, DTP Trio

Post by beagle » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:39 pm

Hey Harley. Auckland's loss I recon. I hope move has gone well and they don't give ya too many jaffa jokes. :wink:
Musicman Sterling, Fender Jazz, GK 800RB, 400RB, Neo412, Neo112, 410T

foal30
Gold Member
MySpace Page: myspace is owned by Lucifer himself
Bands / Groups: Pony Jones

Post by foal30 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 8:27 pm

Go farming
Have a burn off
In 30 degrees and 60kmh winds
Cover the city in smoke
Slave to the Rhythm Changes

Harley
Gold Member

Post by Harley » Sat Mar 12, 2016 2:54 pm

beagle wrote:Hey Harley. Auckland's loss I recon. I hope move has gone well and they don't give ya too many jaffa jokes. :wink:
Thanks. It's actually a much friendlier city than Auckland, but the driving is noticeably different - possibly because I still have my 'North Shore Toyota' number plate surround. :mrgreen:

Funnily enough, hardly any Jaffa jokes and people are genuinely pleased to know that someone from Auckland is happy to shift down here. Everyone has been most welcoming.

So, we're enjoying Christchurch and the SI in general.

Now to find some musos to hang with....