Do your kids play?

Anything not specifically related to Bass
joppo

Re: Do your kids play?

Post by joppo » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:11 pm

So he's got his dad's ear and feel for music does he Steve? It's hard to beat jamming with your kids.

beagle
Site Admin
Bands / Groups: Bands: Rebel without Applause, The Hot Mess, Bamboozle, DTP Trio

Post by beagle » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:38 am

I think he has more natural ability than I did and he's getting an earlier start.
Also at 9 he seems to be fearless about playing in-front his school or anyone else.... I was a much more nervous sweaty palmed kid when I did that at 13.
Yeah jamming with yr kid is pretty special. It's another very exciting aspect to music. I was the only musical one in my family growing up so it's a new experience.
The novelty of having a drummer who does what's he's told is pretty neat too! ;-)
pins, you're v lucky to have at least two out of three into music. Having one play with your band must of been a great feeling.
I have four kids, with the oldest being this 9 yr old so it's a bit early to say how the rest will go but I'm pretty sure the youngest has something going on.
Musicman Sterling, Fender Jazz, GK 800RB, 400RB, Neo412, Neo112, 410T

pins
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Naked Gun (Covers),still just filling in on bass after 26 years.
Butt Scratch (Bus Crash) originals band.

Post by pins » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:23 am

beagle wrote: I was the only musical one in my family growing up so it's a new experience.
Me too,that also included all my relatives as well,my mother was totally shocked to learn I could play an instrument.
And yes gigging with siblings is the most awesome feeling,ear to ear grin.