Hi

Welcome, Introduce yourself! Have any comments or ideas? It's your site, what do you want to see?
allthumbs

Hi

Post by allthumbs » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:37 pm

Hi everyone,
My name is Adrian. I live in Greymouth. I picked up playing bass last year after over 10 years of not playing. I took lessons in high school and played with mates and thought I was the next Jason Newsted... Rob got that job, so yeah. Since I picked it back up I've surpassed my earlier abilities and still feel like a complete novice.
I got a yamaha RBX550m off trade me, which seems to be a pretty good bass. I put a set of Ernie Ball Cobalt slinkys on it and the difference it made was incredible! I also recently purchased a Vox Stomplab 2B, which is fun, but a little hard to figure out. I got it cause it has 100 or more preset sounds and cost only a little more than a pedal with one sound... which in hindsight might be too many, so anyone with a clue please help :D
I listen to (and like playing) mostly rock, metal, post grunge. Metallica, Deftones and Tool my favourites at the mo. But I also listen to most genres without complaint.
I've enjoyed reading on NZBP for a while now. Really enjoyed the you tube thread, that Dan makes me want to pick up my guitar and get busy and at the same time makes me want to throw it out the window.. but I haven't had to collect it from outside yet.
So yeah thanks for a great site!

beagle
Site Admin
Bands / Groups: Bands: Rebel without Applause, The Hot Mess, Bamboozle, DTP Trio

Re: Hi

Post by beagle » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:59 pm

Hi Adrian, congratulations on for coming out of the closet (so to speak)... and for getting back on the bike.
Steve :-)
Musicman Sterling, Fender Jazz, GK 800RB, 400RB, Neo412, Neo112, 410T

cjj
Bronze Member

Post by cjj » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:38 pm

Hey Adrian,
Welcome back to the world of the low end!

I'm in a kind of similar situation, picking it up again after a "few" years off (more like 20)...

pins
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Naked Gun (Covers),still just filling in on bass after 26 years.
Butt Scratch (Bus Crash) originals band.

Post by pins » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:51 pm

Hi,and welcome :D

Greymouth is great place Adrian,what's the music scene like down there ?

allthumbs

Post by allthumbs » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:28 pm

Thanks guys. Pins, we've got a few good bands here, mostly cover bands. Its a relatively small place though. My brother is the drummer for Joey and the Basements http://m.reverbnation.com/artist/joeythebasements. Anyone else on such sites?