Hiya Everyone

Welcome, Introduce yourself! Have any comments or ideas? It's your site, what do you want to see?
Photojim

Hiya Everyone

Post by Photojim » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:35 pm

Hi I'm Jim from Nelson. Ive been a member for a while now and have been learning from you guys reading you posts. I started late learning and have been playing bass now for 5 years I guess. Mainly country as its the easiest way to get involved with playing in Bands through clubs. Keen to move on and play music more to my liking but when your 50 its pretty hard to find others at your own level to play with - hope there are some other members from Nelson here.

StraitjacketJames
Bronze Member

Re: Hiya Everyone

Post by StraitjacketJames » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:19 am

Hey Jim! Welcome to the forum!

martyforrer
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Borderline.... country rock
Blues Deluxe... jazz/blues/jump
Cabin Fevre..... Americana
Marty's Juke Joint.... 40s & 50s boogie woogie, rock n roll, jump blues.

Post by martyforrer » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:03 pm

Photojim wrote:Hi I'm Jim from Nelson. Ive been a member for a while now and have been learning from you guys reading you posts. I started late learning and have been playing bass now for 5 years I guess. Mainly country as its the easiest way to get involved with playing in Bands through clubs. Keen to move on and play music more to my liking but when your 50 its pretty hard to find others at your own level to play with - hope there are some other members from Nelson here.
Hiya Jim. If ya run into Nev Claughton say hi from me.

pins
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Naked Gun (Covers),still just filling in on bass after 26 years.
Butt Scratch (Bus Crash) originals band.

Post by pins » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:35 pm

Hi Jim,welcome,Nelson is such a great place,I used to live in Blenheim as a kid and spent many Sundays in Nelson (One of Dads regular Sunday drive destinations) :)

john
Gold Member

Post by john » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:48 pm

Hello. welcome aboard.
I grew up in Nelson. I miss it.

Photojim

Post by Photojim » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:30 pm

Hi There
Thanks for the welcome guys, I do see Nev occasionally so I'll say giday for you Marty.

Jazzbass
Gold Member

Post by Jazzbass » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:13 am

Hi Jim

I can see your house from here!

LOL, actually I'm at Foxton Beach and can see the Sth Island, so that's close enough, right?

Re your comment about country clubs, it seems in the provinces that that is where most of us old musos end up because they're fast becoming the only gigs in town. RSA/Cossies etc are closing their doors and bugger all pubs use live bands, especially old farts who prefer music over metal. LOL

Photojim

Post by Photojim » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:30 pm

Jazzbass wrote:Hi Jim

I can see your house from here!

LOL, actually I'm at Foxton Beach and can see the Sth Island, so that's close enough, right?

Re your comment about country clubs, it seems in the provinces that that is where most of us old musos end up because they're fast becoming the only gigs in town. RSA/Cossies etc are closing their doors and bugger all pubs use live bands, especially old farts who prefer music over metal. LOL

Hahaha nice try you're almost a Main Lander !!!!