Hi all

Welcome, Introduce yourself! Have any comments or ideas? It's your site, what do you want to see?
fallingleaf
Bands / Groups: Thran - covers band, previously in 'the New Freedom', studio work

Hi all

Post by fallingleaf » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:48 pm

Wow I never knew this site existed....nice simple layout which I like and everyone seems civil which is great too!

My name is Mark, play mainly covers but getting into a bit of session work here and there too. Been playing since begining of High School, and 26 now. Play occasionally in a covers band called Thran, which used to have a residency at Murpheys on Wellesly St in the Auckland CBD, but now its just the odd gig - although done a few recently at the crib in a three piece on Ponsonby Road.

Signature says my current line up of tools which I don't plan on changing for a long time! Wouldn't mind a fretless version of my Pedulla but dreams are free and they ain't cheap! Love Marcus Miller, Jaco, Wooten, Stanley Clarke, Alain Caron...all the cats, and happiest when I am playing some funk and reggae.

Love to slap SLOWLY but only when its called for. Prefer to keep that on the DL and use it sparingly where appropriate!!! Otherwise Im at home with some poppy Jaco like finger style between my two pickups and keepin it simple.

Enough about me! Keep on grooving ya'll. Peace :)
Pedulla ETB5 Thunderbass w/zebra wood, Marcus Miller sig Fender Jazz, SWR Goliath 4x10 w/750x head...and a whole lota funk

john
Gold Member

Re: Hi all

Post by john » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Hey man. welcome ti the site

joppo

Post by joppo » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:12 pm

Yeah, welcome Mark! There is some tasty sounding gear in your signiture. There is a thread with photos of basses. Would love to see a picture of the Pedulla

beagle
Site Admin

Post by beagle » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:28 pm

Brill having you onboard Mark! Pic of the Miller too pls 8)
fallingleaf wrote:Wow I never knew this site existed....nice simple layout which I like and everyone seems civil which is great too!
john get's a bit abusive every now and then :roll:
Musicman Sterling, Fender Jazz, GK 800RB, 400RB, Neo412, Neo112, 410T

john
Gold Member

Post by john » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:56 pm

beagle wrote: john get's a bit abusive every now and then :roll:
Your mum!

fallingleaf
Bands / Groups: Thran - covers band, previously in 'the New Freedom', studio work

Post by fallingleaf » Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:19 pm

Sure thing, I will get some decent pics sometime soon in that 'show us your bass thread'. In the mean time here is one from last week (Pedulla - only pic i have!@) :D
Attachments
IMG_0398_1.JPG
Pedulla ETB5 Thunderbass w/zebra wood, Marcus Miller sig Fender Jazz, SWR Goliath 4x10 w/750x head...and a whole lota funk