What's hot on Trademe right now!

Bass related topics
pins
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Naked Gun (Covers),still just filling in on bass after 26 years.
Butt Scratch (Bus Crash) originals band.

Re: What's hot on Trademe right now!

Post by pins » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:17 am

brando2880 wrote:
timi wrote:
brando2880 wrote:About $150 above retail including the case price,
http://www.trademe.co.nz/music-instrume ... 888924.htm
While I wouldn't try and sell something above RRP, I really hate it when someone feels the need to undermine your auction. Dick move imo.
It's only because if it was cheaper I would be interested in buying it. Not pointing it out on TM just to be a dick.. but to genuinely try and get a more realistic price.
Yeah,not a dick move imo either pointing out an obvious fact and it worked as it is now relisted with a more realistic reserve of $1000. :D

Tim1
Gold Member

Post by Tim1 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:22 pm

Several years ago I bought a second hand Yairi acoustic on TradeMe for about $350. Its new value was around the $1000-00 mark. I sold it on TradeMe six months later for about $1050 (can't remember exactly but definitely more than replacement cost). I was not out to rip anyone off and had listed it at one dollar no reserve. Two guys got into a bidding war, when the bidding reached $600 I made the comment that it definitely wasn't worth any more yet these two carried on a bidding war to the bitter end and the winner left me good feedback. I can only assume that there may have been some personal history between the two bidders leading to a very positive outcome for me.
A friend of mine was recently in a similar situation and had to comment on his auction that the guitar was not worth that much and bidding was getting a little silly. Sometimes the heat of the auction process creates some crazy outcomes - also an argument in favour of one dollar no reserve auctions which draw in more bidders and competition at the start.
Caveat emptor, I suppose - sometimes bidders just don't think logically (I know, I have been there :wink: )

john
Gold Member

Post by john » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:59 pm

Tim1 wrote:Several years ago I bought a second hand Yairi acoustic on TradeMe for about $350. Its new value was around the $1000-00 mark. I sold it on TradeMe six months later for about $1050 (can't remember exactly but definitely more than replacement cost). I was not out to rip anyone off and had listed it at one dollar no reserve. Two guys got into a bidding war, when the bidding reached $600 I made the comment that it definitely wasn't worth any more yet these two carried on a bidding war to the bitter end and the winner left me good feedback. I can only assume that there may have been some personal history between the two bidders leading to a very positive outcome for me.
A friend of mine was recently in a similar situation and had to comment on his auction that the guitar was not worth that much and bidding was getting a little silly. Sometimes the heat of the auction process creates some crazy outcomes - also an argument in favour of one dollar no reserve auctions which draw in more bidders and competition at the start.
Caveat emptor, I suppose - sometimes bidders just don't think logically (I know, I have been there :wink: )
The difference being the auction started at a price above new.

Tim1
Gold Member

Post by Tim1 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:07 pm

I know. I was just ruminating about the vagaries of online auctions generally :|

john
Gold Member

Post by john » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:29 am

Ha ha. I totally read your name as timi and related to your comment as an addition to his prior post

Crazykiwi
Gold Member

Post by Crazykiwi » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:39 pm

If anyone spots a genuine 70's jazz bass bridge for sale, I'd be extremely grateful for a heads up. I missed out on one for 25 bucks shortly before I bought a '75 JB with a badass. The badass is too tall for low string action.
Stuff: Shuker Headless MIDI 6, Spector NS5CRFM, Self-built 5 string semi hollow headless, Status Series 1 5 string, Pedulla Pentabuzz, Alembic Series 1 graphite, '78 Musicman Stingray, Genz Benz Shuttles, Trace Hexavalve and fEARless F112 cabs

foal30
Gold Member
MySpace Page: not available
Bands / Groups: Pony Jones

Post by foal30 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:48 pm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/music-instrume ... 077891.htm

lol at questions

that $25 bridge was buy now and is presently being onsold at $155

those auctions had their own humor as well. Pity I missed it I need a '70s bridge as well
Slave to the Rhythm Changes

foal30
Gold Member

Post by foal30 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:46 am

martyforrer
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Borderline.... country rock
Blues Deluxe... jazz/blues/jump
Cabin Fevre..... Americana
Marty's Juke Joint.... 40s & 50s boogie woogie, rock n roll, jump blues.

Post by martyforrer » Thu May 01, 2014 9:10 am

foal30 wrote:http://www.trademe.co.nz/music-instrume ... 697627.htm

certainly something different
Awesome!

pins
Gold Member
Bands / Groups: Naked Gun (Covers),still just filling in on bass after 26 years.

Post by pins » Thu May 01, 2014 9:10 pm

One string bass,perfect ! less is more !

Tim1
Gold Member

Post by Tim1 » Sat May 03, 2014 8:19 am

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =724659688
Now this is a great buy for someone at $999 no reserve (I have no connection at all to the seller). Great amp at a bargain basement price. I sold my last Orange AD200 for $2200 on TradeMe a couple of years ago (also currently listed by that buyer) and regretted it ever since so recently spent nearly three grand on a new one to replace it. If only I'd waited :roll: .
These amps have a wonderful, rich tone. They are great plug and play heads and don't believe those who say they overdrive too soon - I use a clean tone and both of mine have played clean with plenty of volume. Just a question of using a passive bass, the right cabinet and diming the master so volume is controlled at the preamp stage.

foal30
Gold Member

Post by foal30 » Sun May 04, 2014 6:57 pm

one day I will buy that model Orange

here is 70's Japan semi-goodness
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =724372000

surely be nice with high action, flats, pick +palm mute

pins
Gold Member

Post by pins » Mon May 19, 2014 8:04 pm

john
Gold Member

Post by john » Tue May 20, 2014 8:40 pm

Woa. That is low starting point

pins
Gold Member

Post by pins » Wed May 21, 2014 12:27 pm

Yeah john I know,I'm taking a gamble,but I have serious GAS for something else so out the door it goes for whatever it sells for.