Re: Shuker Basses

Post by foal30 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:49 pm

righto, righto...

everyone knows J J Burnell was in the Sex Pistols. :D

Crazykiwi
Gold Member

Post by Crazykiwi » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:56 pm

Don't disagree with ferret, he'll get bitter and stalk you. Anyways it was The Clash. :D
Stuff: Shuker Headless MIDI 6, Spector NS5CRFM, Self-built 5 string semi hollow headless, Status Series 1 5 string, Pedulla Pentabuzz, Alembic Series 1 graphite, '78 Musicman Stingray, Genz Benz Shuttles, Trace Hexavalve and fEARless F112 cabs

bass_ferret

Post by bass_ferret » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:45 am

Could not resist when someone sent me a link. JJ plays bass with The Stranglers. Paul Simonon played bass with The Clash - Image

Crazykiwi
Gold Member

Post by Crazykiwi » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:48 am

bass_ferret wrote:Could not resist
Quite.
Stuff: Shuker Headless MIDI 6, Spector NS5CRFM, Self-built 5 string semi hollow headless, Status Series 1 5 string, Pedulla Pentabuzz, Alembic Series 1 graphite, '78 Musicman Stingray, Genz Benz Shuttles, Trace Hexavalve and fEARless F112 cabs

foal30
Gold Member
MySpace Page: myspace is owned by Lucifer himself
Bands / Groups: Pony Jones

Post by foal30 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:41 pm

JJ's always a good read too eh?
he does a good interview for sure
I love the old '77 stories

Crazykiwi
Gold Member

Post by Crazykiwi » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:07 pm

G'warn, giz us one o'yon stoories...

Beyond
Bronze Member

Post by Beyond » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:54 pm

Crazykiwi wrote:yes, it was an invention by Australian Steve Chick who granted a license to Wal and then Peavey. Out of interest, did you ever get quotes for a refret?
The main reason I moved this on (I usually tend to end up keeping my basses rather than swopping them) was I didn't really play it because it was stonkingly heavy (solid maple body) and I could not see how I would be able get it repaired with it being a rather exotic 'one-off' beast. It did not repairing so I sold it and used the proceeds to fund most of my 2 shuker 5's.

I still like the idea of midi and for a while I thought I needed it but at the end of the day am too much of bass player to be fiddling around with all that midi stuff which I think would probably be quite time consuming to get working well in a live situation.

I think Nick Beggs is using a midi stick which sounds like a good tool, nice chap too (I knew when he still had beads in his hair).

foal30
Gold Member
MySpace Page: myspace is owned by Lucifer himself
Bands / Groups: Pony Jones

Post by foal30 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:02 pm

sadly the mother was not "Too Shy" to not go out with a spiky dreadlocked mullet.

pretty sure he is in our Bass Player Style Infamy thread :D
Slave to the Rhythm Changes