Anyone G.A.S free?

Bass related topics
Harley
Gold Member

Re: Anyone G.A.S free?

Post by Harley » Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:09 pm

I thought I was completely G.A.S. free...until. http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/u_eb_p ... color=CL01

Street price $US 2,500.00. I gotta get one!

By the way Marty, you have not got GAS when it comes to the Greenboy 1x12 Fearful cab. Over-rated compared to other 112 options. I helped a guy out getting drivers to build one ( I use to be a GB authorised builder ) and the resulting cab was 'ho-hum' tone and volume wise.
Retired authorised builder of Bill Fitzmaurice Design Speaker cabs for New Zealand - http://www.billfitzmaurice.info

Crazykiwi
Gold Member

Post by Crazykiwi » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:01 am

martyforrer wrote:The only thing I would like, and I know it aint gonna happen, is a Greenboy 1x12 Fearful cab, so it doesn't count as GAS.... does it?
Yep. I have two and they're recommended.

I've sold off a whole load of gear this year and haven't missed any of it yet. I'd sell off a couple more items if the interest was there too. Bass gear isn't so important to me these days but I still have two self builds in progress.
Stuff: Shuker Headless MIDI 6, Spector NS5CRFM, Self-built 5 string semi hollow headless, Status Series 1 5 string, Pedulla Pentabuzz, Alembic Series 1 graphite, '78 Musicman Stingray, Genz Benz Shuttles, Trace Hexavalve and fEARless F112 cabs

mickeyj4j
Bronze Member

Post by mickeyj4j » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:20 am

G.A.S mmmmmmmmm what is that. Grab Anything Syndrome,

mickeyj4j
Bronze Member

Post by mickeyj4j » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:26 am

ryla wrote:I'd love to try the MXR m-288 bass octave deluxe pedal - wow what a mouthful that is! - had an octave pedal years ago - gave it away actually when i went into my austere phase ,and as the continuum of musical evolution goes on, I've re-visited the need for this sound - as it happens "Bass Player" magazine reviewed this model last month and gave it the "editors choice" and i'm keen to have a demo - if anyone knows of a NZ musical instrument shop that stocks this model tell me cause i cant find one and ive had a good look around - sound familiar?
Yes here in New Zealand often good inovative products, bone guitar slides, wooden guitar, picks. Fret wraps etc are not available. Thank goodness for ebay ships to NZ.